Click on to Pay attention (00:46:46)
Obtain These Notes In Your In-Field Mechanically!
We by no means spam you
- 1 Take a look at All The Icing
- 2 What Sort of Icing Can Podcasters Present to Their Present?
- 3 Talked about In Episode 609
Social Media Advertising World Reflections
Wanting again on social media advertising world, I needed to share my ideas as this was the primary time I used to be there and there are some issues we will study from this mammoth occasion.
The primary impression was WOA. I walked in and acquired my badge and as they began handy me a swag bag (you realize the factor you throw in your mattress, leaf by means of as soon as after which ditch) they usually requested what present I would really like. One was a cool cable organizer, and the opposite was a battery backup pack to cost my telephone or pill. This wasn’t an affordable backside of the meals chain gadget. For me, this was superior as I used to be going to purchase one at Greatest Purchase earlier than leaving and ran out of time. To me, this exhibits they know their viewers. Both present was priceless.
Becuase Of My Podcast
Becuase of my podcast, I do know Paul Colligan, and Paul Colligan is aware of JJ Virgin who’s now approaching my weight reduction present (and I acquired to pattern some cool stuff)
SPONSOR: Podcast Motion
Podcast Motion is the world’s largest gathering of latest and veteran podcasters, or anybody trying to begin their very own podcast the best approach
– Be a part of over 2,00zero podcasters from around the globe in Philadelphia this July 23 by way of 26 for 3 days of workshops, panels, events and extra
– The convention presents over 100 periods on subjects starting from the technical points of establishing your gear and the audio manufacturing to advertising and monetizing your present or future present.
– The expo corridor options over 60 podcast service and gear suppliers, so whether or not you are out there for a microphone, or making an attempt to determine the place to host your podcast, anybody who issues shall be on website that will help you out
It is July 23 – 26th in Philadelphia PA.
Use the code SOP once you enroll at www.podcastmovement.com and get $50 off any degree of registration
Take a look at All The Icing
At first look, one may say that the main draw of SMMW is icing. For instance, the opening night time you’ve got a networking occasion on an plane service. This isn’t one thing I had ever executed. It made the occasion distinctive. Now, you may say, however in the long run, you continue to have a bunch of individuals speaking, consuming, and networking. I see that perspective, however each nook had a way of journey. I toured the highest of the ship with Ray Ortega and Lou Mongello. If this had been in a restaurant again room, I used to be nonetheless hanging out with Ray and Lou. If I used to be doing this at one other convention, it will be an occasion. I nice occasion, however throw in that we’re speaking to a veteran about planes and now this isn’t solely an occasion – it is an expertise. It’s a stronger reminiscence than hanging out within the lodge bar.
The second networking occasion was at a membership that had a stay band enjoying Karaoke. It was very loud, however I used to be strolling in with considerably of a “What am I strolling into? expertise.” I used to be with Ray so we ventured additional into the membership and located ourselves on what seemed like an outside patio besides we have been inside. This once more introduced on type of a “What is that this place?” feeling. We then walked by way of a hallway of white Chrismas lights right into a room with cubicles lit up with neon inexperienced. We picked up some superior cake in a cup and loved our sugar rush. We walked over to at least one station the place they have been making some type of dessert that was half ice cream cone meets cinnamon roll, meets strawberries and chocolate, meets, WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING. You would even stroll into the enormous vault. Did we’d like an unique constructing? No, however did it add to the expertise? Positive, as now Ray and I felt like we have been in a reside dungeons and dragons recreation ready to see what the subsequent room would deliver.
Their networking room was categorized by topic. There have been three tables for podcasters, extra tables for YouTubers, and so on. It made it very straightforward to satisfy your tribe, after which introduce your self to a brand new one. The one which was actually above an past, I used to be within the speaker’s room (a stunning quiet place to go together with refreshments and snacks). When the crew I used to be sitting with talked about strolling over to the place the place you can decide up your lunch, a employees member took our order and introduced it over to us. This wasn’t needed, however as this was day two anybody had put a number of miles of their footwear and this was an excellent good contact.
Do not Write Off Icing – It is Essential.
In response to Betty Crocker’s Web site, 2 tablespoons of chocolate icing is 130 energy and 95 grams ug sugar. In response to the Fats Secret web site, a cupcake with out icing has 105 energy. With this in thoughts, 55% of the energy come from the icing, however I am fairly positive the a part of the cupcake that will get individuals drolling is 100% the icing. This acquired me occupied with the phrase, “Icing on the cake” and I did some googling as to gadgets that draw individuals’s consideration. Here’s what I discovered.
- Bodily want. Once we’re hungry and we see meals, we concentrate. We get up within the night time when we have to go to the toilet.
- Self-made selection. We determined to purchase a brand new BMW 325 and all of the sudden see them in all places. This impact can also be referred to as priming.
- Your identify. We discover the identify dearest to us.
- Emotion. If one thing evokes an emotion in us, they’ve our consideration. Ask anybody concerning the present that is us.
- Distinction. We pay extra consideration to issues which are in distinction to different issues.
- Novelty. The mind pays extra consideration to issues within the surroundings which are new to an individual’s expertise. (see)
- One other web site said:
- three) You possibly can’t perceive it: Do you keep in mind the final time you have been looking for some info on-line? Do you keep in mind once you stopped? Most likely you stopped whenever you acquired your solutions. The issues that we do not perceive shortly seize our consideration and pressure us to consider them much more.
- four) Since you need to run away: Typically issues catch our consideration as a result of we need to run away from the present second. Nostalgia is a superb instance the place one thing nice that occurred from the previous shortly grabs our consideration and forces us to bask in ideas concerning the lovely previous
- 5) As a result of it is cute: You may marvel what does cuteness should do with attention-grabbing however in truth, research have proven that we’re wired to get distracted by cute little issues. Whether or not it is a small cat or an exquisite child the algorithm in our brains will get us hooked shortly once we encounter cuteness (See additionally 7 psychological causes cats are so common on the web)
A Cupcake With out Icing is a Muffin
Though cupcakes and muffins are strikingly comparable in look, the style and texture of the 2 are fairly totally different. Cupcakes are a small, particular person cake. They’re lighter, cake-like and sweeter. Muffins are outlined as a fast bread, often denser. One other distinction between cupcakes and muffins is that cupcakes are virtually all the time topped with frosting and muffins will not be.
What Sort of Icing Can Podcasters Present to Their Present?
Hold them Knowledgeable
One of many issues at SMMW is I by no means questioned what was happening. That they had an app in your telephone and a military of volunteers. I knew when buses have been leaving and coming again. I knew the place to go, and so forth. I take heed to lots of podcasts and lots of of them are like a bus. My good friend Erik Okay Johnson from podcast expertise coach says it is like getting on a bus with no identify on the entrance. You haven’t any concept the place it is going (so that you in all probability would not get on), and if it took off with you on it you could be a bit of nervous. At SMMW I felt taken care of. When Emily Prokop of the Story Behind to a Hiatus to have a child, it was properly deliberate out, and right here viewers was conscious of what was occurring. She has some exhibits within the can to hold us over, and we knew there can be a small break.
Get Your Viewers Concerned
I do know you’re in all probability saying, “I might like to get my viewers concerned however I have never received a single little bit of suggestions.” Finish your present with a query, and ask them to reply. MAKE SURE you will have an EASY method to depart suggestions. Do you know that in some apps should you put your voicemail quantity (say from www.podcastvoicemail.com ) your viewers can typically click on it and it’ll dial your quantity? When you do get suggestions, RESPOND. If potential play it on the present. For the person who hear’s their identify on a present, it’s a mountain of icing. I used to be listening to Podcast Junkies with Harry Durran they usually ended up saying my identify 3 times earlier than the present was over. Did you discover I counted? Have you learnt why? Icing. Did you discover what else occurred? I simply talked about his present.
How is the Subscription Expertise?
Opposite to fashionable perception, score and critiques are nice social proof, however do not do a lot for actually constructing your present or boosting you up the rankings of Apple. The muffin, on this case, is “Discover me in Apple Podcasts.” The icing is having an EASY TO FIND subscribe web page with step-by-step directions on how you can subscribe or do it reside on Fb and embed the video. Information your viewers by the hand.
Give Them What They Want
My present from SMMW was one thing I wanted. It was so cool, and it made an amazing first impression. How did this occur? This was their sixth yr doing this convention. I’ve a number of conversations with Michael Stelzner and he is no dummy. He does not relaxation on his status and tries to make annually higher than the final. Be mindful this implies whenever you first begin your podcast it is probably not hitting a house run, however work together with your viewers and you may create a podcast they begin telling their buddies about.
Do What Different Individuals Do not
Jordan Harbinger has a well-liked present. His interviews are nice. Jordon does one thing that most individuals do not. Some name it, “the work.” For instance, if Jordan is interviewing an writer, he might put the episode out of few weeks so he can learn the writer’s e-book. What does this do? First, it’s going to be OBVIOUS to the writer that Jordan learn the e-book. It will make Jordan stand out in a sea of podcasts hosts who need to do as little as potential in hopes that stated writer will share their present on twitter. This additionally results in higher questions and a greater interview. Now put your self within the writer’s footwear. Which podcast do you need to promote to your viewers the one the place the host learn the e-book, or the opposite man? Who has a greater probability of constructing a relationship with that writer? When the writer has a brand new e-book out in a number of years, which podcast is he going to need to seem on. Why? Icing.
Go One Extra Degree Deeper
I sat in Jason Van Orden‘s session on learn how to develop your e mail record. Jason used a phrase that basically hit house for me. The phrase resonates. You need your content material to resonate together with your viewers. How do I do know his speak resonated with me? Properly, I am telling you are not I? Precisely. He stated in relation to your content material that you must know the next
- Why does it matter to you
- Why does it matter to your viewers?
- Why does it matter to the world?
When you realize WHY it issues to your viewers it exhibits you actually know your viewers.
Talked about In Episode 609
Alive Inside Documentary Official Web site
Jason Van Orden
Podcast Expertise Coach
The Feed Libsyn Podcast
Podfecta Nashville Convention
Craft Content material Nashville
Paul Colligan – the Podcast Report
Luria Petrucci Tedx Speak